China has recently got a ‘facial plastic surgery’ fever. However, the surgical interventions in women’s body can result in infection, bleeding, facial nerve injury, unfavourable scar formation, and in the extreme case, death. Hence, it is worth exploring the alternative means to elevate facial attractiveness, besides the facial plastic surgeries. This is the main motivation behind the current investigation.
|2. latest version of my question?
How can sound be used to raise Chinese women’s awareness on alternative approaches to enhance their attractiveness besides facial plastic surgery?’
|3. Briefly describe your intervention(s)
an exhibition is designed which showcases different categories of audio compilations that are associated with the how-can question. There are 4 categories: animated film clips, make-up videos, music, and the recorded audio messages from interview. The audiences will be first interviewed on the how-can question, before and after, listening to the categories of their most interest.
|4. What changes have occurred as a result of your interventions?
After the intervention, most people have a negative understanding of cosmetic surgery, especially after watching the animation, changing their consciousness is even stronger. And someone (plastic surgery producer) against this intervention.
|5. What have you learned from the testing of your interventions?
1.Getting good feedback from stakeholder is a challenge. User testing sometimes seems like a daunting task. But user testing can bring good experience and help design better project. I tested several methods, some failed and some succeeded.
2. User testing is always as early as possible. Especially if you are not sure if certain features are worth the time to go deeper. First explain your thoughts to others and ask if your users find it helpful.
3. It’s important to understand the characteristics of your user base. Who is your stakeholder?
|6. Provide a list of key people/organisations who have given feedback including experts, collaborators or gatekeepers during the Independent Study Period
1. an animator is working with me on an themed animated film ‘plastic surgery’. His name: yan yi qin feng
2. a musician is collaborating with me on an ad-hoc song on plastic surgery; mediating musics are included in this category. His name: Luke
3. two popular Instagramers whom are known for their makeup skills are working with me on a video on how cosmetic product can be used to improve facial aesthetic appealing.
4.I recorded interviewee (a) is magazine editor in beauty industry.
5.feedback:1. Plastic surgery producer
2. 8 stakeholders who are young Chinese women all from
3. 2 stakeholders are from cosmetic industry
|7. Identify any gaps or threats to your project that may have limited progress.
1，Everyone’s concept of consciousness is different. My intervention is impossible to influence and change to all people.
2.The cosmetic doctor I tested, his feedback is against
|8. Briefly list your priorities for the next month?
Continue to test my intervention, but I need to consider what kind of stakeholder should be tested. focus on analyzing feedback, and improve intervention based on the results of the test